Sunday, August 17, 2008

12 Lotus

Watched 12 Lotus with my parents today..

From critics & friends i heard that its not a nice show,but i still went as my parents love this type of Singapore movies..After watching it, i feel that its not as bad lah..maybe I am of Hokkien dialect and I am able to better understand the songs they sing so from there i feel that its rather good..although the song 12 lotus have nothing to do with the story they are potraying.

But mum interpret it to me that actually the director/producer of the movie is trying to say that the female lead has led a poor life as the song and not that the song is interpreting the story of the movie..Well,sounds reasonable though..

Some people may think that singing & listening to Hokkien songs are very "low class"..But Hokkien songs are just like any other dialect songs e.g Cantonese songs..If people could proudly sing Cantonese songs in KTV, why cant they project the same thinking on Hokkien songs?

In KTV, I always like to sing Hokkien songs but due to my limitations of Hokkien songs I always stick to the few. I think that Hokkien songs are very straight to the point and close to my heart, so i am able to inject more feelings into it.heehee..

All thanks to Royston Tan, We are able to enjoy Hokkien Musical Show..Haha..

3 cheers to Royston !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So "kEy Aw" will be addee to ur List now on~~~